- Winclada is a full-featured menu and mouse driven windows program with WYSIWYG print
- Reads Hennig86, NONA, DADA, CLADOS, and most NEXUS format files that contain cladistic
- Allows the user to edit and manipulate data matrices, both morphological and molecular.
- Displays cladograms (phylogenetic trees) with the ability to map character changes as
colored hashmarks and label by character number or character name and states.
- Manipulates cladograms (phylogenetic trees) with such functions as branch move and
collapse, and recalculates tree lengths automatically under the currently selected
optimization parameters (e.g., show only unambiguously supported nodes, fast optimization,
- Prints cladograms (phylogenetic trees). Trees are printed "exactly" as
the appear on the screen, to any printer type that supports raster graphics and is
installed in Windows. All common laserjet printers are supported as well as color
printers such as inkjets. There is also a print preview function that allows the user
to position trees on a page. Several tree styles are supported.
- Winclada can be set up to directly spawn the programs NONA, PIWE, and HENNIG86.
Nona and TNT are currently the fastest available programs for parsimony analysis.